17 February 2006

This has to be my favourite building in Vienna (at least amongst the ones I could see). Designed by Joseph Olbrich, “Secession” was designed in 1897-98 and now houses one of the best works by the famous Austrian Art Nouveau painter Gustav Klimt.

Check this link to see Klimt’s fabulous “Beethoven Frieze” that’s housed in the Secession -http://www.artpoint.at/lang_en/page.asp/2054.htm. One of the best works of art I’ve seen in person.


The interesting looking building below is the Museum for Modern Kunst Stiftung Ludwig (MUMOK) designed by ORTNER & ORTNER. Sadly, with only 5 hours to see a completely new city I had to skip this Museum. Could manage only a peek into the main lobby.


Check the official website of the Architects here - http://www.ortner.at to see some need stuff.


Click here for more on Vienna.

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited