02 February 2011

Sights of Jodhpur

Besides the Mehrangarh fort and the Blue quarter the city of Jodhpur has many more interesting sights, here's a few of those sights I was able to visit over the last 4 days.. 

I thought I should start with the most imposing of the city's sights, the above photo was clicked while coming into town..
... here's a few from the Blue quarter..




and in this sequence of photos I traverse the city from the blue quarter ending at the square with the Clock tower






..and here's the clock tower itself..


.. a few photos of the Jaswant Thada memorial that's dedicated to Maharja Jaswant Singh...







the above photo is of a collection of smaller tombs dedicated to different member of the royal family...
and to end a couple of snaps of one of the world's largest private residences - the Umaid Bhawan Palace, a part of this palace is run as a Taj Hotel...

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited