04 February 2011

Sam = :-(


You can’t go to Jaisalmer and not go to see the supposedly ‘spectacular’ sand dunes of Sam!
 But what I realized is that for someone who spend all his childhood in a Desert town (a k a myself) – Sam  (at least the more popular bits of it) – is really really sad!
 Firstly the sand at the dunes is not really good.. then there is the terribly loud and messy tourists that have no respect for the beauty of this desolate landscape...
 .... and last but not the least the horrible attitude of the local hoteliers and camel riders (waiting to pounce on any tourist and rip them off their money). 
All in all it’s a complete waste of time and effort, if you want to see a good desert go somewhere else!

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited