11 July 2009

The Highlands

We spent yesterday and today driving thru some of the most amazing landscapes.
We started from the outskirts of Glasgow .. past the mind blowing Loch Lomond.. and halted for the night near Fort William.

There is something extremely magical about the highlands - its almost unreal.. even after having spend most of the last two days there it difficult to convince myself that it wasn't all a dream!

Today we drove all the way up to Loch Ness - where we all really looked hard to see the illusive monster (with no luck of course) -
... above is the Urqhart Castle at the bank of the Ness ...
Later in the day we headed back to Glasgow from where we'll be flying to London early tomorrow!

This was my second visit to this fabulous land and this time around I was constantly reminded of my trips to 'Shillong' (a city in north east India) and its clear to me why the British referred to that region as the 'Scotland of the East'.

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited