07 March 2006

Day 5 (5th March 2006):
I spend the last day back in Edinburgh checking some contemporary Architecture. I went to see the Landscape garden of the Scottish Gallery of Modern Art by famous architectural critic Charles Jencks.

And last but not the least the inspiring Scottish Parliament by Catalan Architect Enric Miralles.

Though I have to admit at first look from the outside I hated it, it's completely grown on me.
The guided tour of the space is a must for every architect visiting Edinburgh, even if you might hate Miralles and his approach towards architecture.

You can see very strong influences of his hometown architect - Antonio Gaudi- in the way the light and volumes flow within the various spaces of the building.
I'll end with this the view of the Parliament from halfway up Arthur Seat (one of the best look out points in the city of Edinburgh).

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited