03 December 2005

Magic - somewhere below the Hague

I've always wondered - what is it about Rem Koolhaas and OMA that architects like soo much?
Though there are many replies to this question I shall state one of them here. It's about the spaces they create, what is the word I'm looking for - MAGICAL - that's it simply that.


How else would one explain what should have been just anotherwise boring tram station looks like this?


As in a lot of there other projects the multiple levels of the project seamlessly flows into one another creating an amazing sense of unity even in the Vertical Axis.


With just two simple materials (Concrete and Wood) this project does Magic.

Check http://www.oma.nl/ for more of there work.


No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited