04 June 2010

A special void in NYC

Between flights earlier today I had just about enough time to see one or two things in this most amazing of cities.

Left my stuff at the left luggage at JFK and dashed to my first stop. Given the amazing weather in the city, I was in no mood to spend my precious few hours indoors.I headed to the quintessential urban garden - the sculpture garden at the MoMA - a tiny landscaped oasis bang in the middle of what may easily be the densest sq km ever built by man.
Quiet strangely I hadn't explored this space properly on my previous visits to this amazing museum.
Very much in spirit with the architecture of the museum the garden too is elegantly laid out using a minimal language where the art work stands it's ground.
Since I was already here I also went for a quick round of the museum - revisiting some of my favorite paintings .. here a few images of those works and the great museum ...

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited