06 January 2010

The spectacle must go on

Here's a few photos and a video of yesterday's opening of the world's tallest building -

Burj Dubai ...



As expected Dubai put up a grand spectacle which has made it to front pages of newspapers the world over... It felt like the whole of Dubai was at Business bay last night...



The renaming of the tower to Burj Khalifa was quiet a surprise! But I guess after all that money that Abu Dhabi gave away it could have been expected.....


This morning I asked an Emirati girl from Dubai at the bank what she thought about it - though a bit surprised she thought it was good move .. solidarity of the country and all that ..!!!!

As for all my Indian friends in Dubai - they all emphatically sympathize with Sheikh Mohammed!


No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited