09 November 2009

Weekend in Matheran

Spend the last weekend at Matheran - a tiny hill station close to Bombay - armed with my new camera and lots of fond memories!

Here's a few snaps of the astonishing landscape of Matheran and it's surroundings..
While I studied architecture - Matheran was the default trekking location for my group of friends - we've trekked here in pouring rains/crazy hot days/cool winter mornings and even in the depth of the night.
The best thing about this place is that no private automobiles are allowed here and because of this the place feels amazingly timeless!
Though Matheran is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Bombay year round it's best during the Monsoons! Can't wait to go there in the rains again.....

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited