28 August 2006

OMA in The Hague (Den Haag)

Yesterday I saw a very nice exhibition of all the work done by Office for Metropolitan Architecture done in the city of Den Haag.

Besides the usual Models, Drawings and PowerPoint explain all the projects the exhibition had a very interesting way of interacting with the viewers through idea ‘Make your own OMA building’. Printouts of a fold out model of one of there new projects for the city were kept for people to try there hand at. These were to be made as per the drawing or according to ones fancy and could be taken home or kept on display there itself. I have always found such attempts of OMA to take architecture beyond architects and there self centred worlds a very important and interesting contribution.

No comments:

A Google map tracing my travels across the globe


View Larger Map
  • In Red cities where I have lived (more than one month);
  • In Blue cities that I have visited